Dawn of Defiance
Here can be read a number of miscellaneous tenets which are not mentioned in the Code, but should be known for all Jedi.
- The Jedi are the guardians of civilization, yet do not allow civilization to destroy needlessly.
- A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for aggression or personal gain.
- The lightsaber is the symbol of the members of the Jedi Order.
- If a Jedi ignites his lightsaber, he must be ready to take a life.
- Jedi do not marry.
“A Jedi is a Jedi, first and foremost, and only. For a Jedi to divide his attention between the will of the Force and the will of others is to invite disaster.”
- Jedi respect each other, and all other life forms.
- Jedi must put the needs of the community above the needs of individuals.
- A Jedi must protect the weak and defenseless from evil.
- Jedi must always cooperate in battle or crisis.
- Jedi must not have wants; self-reliance must be shown.
- Jedi are forbidden from ruling others.
- A Jedi Master may not have more than one Padawan.
- A Jedi will not kill an unarmed opponent.
- A Jedi will not take revenge.
- A Jedi does not cling to the past.
- The Jedi do not believe in killing their prisoners.